We celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary this past week. On one hand it feels like the past 3 years have flown by. On the other hand it feels like it’s been more; it’s hard to imagine life before the wedding. That day was a defining moment in both of our lives, as we became one with God. This year on our anniversary, we watched a video of our wedding that we had never seen before that was taken by my Uncle. It was neat to relive that ceremony again and reflect on that day. One thing that stuck out to me was when the Pastor was talking about how God was there rejoicing and celebrating with us that day. I started thinking how easy it is to forget how excited God is about our marriage. As much as Jason and I are happy, God is thousands times more because we are living out His plan for us. He wants us to succeed and He is there every day giving us renewed strength and wisdom. The past 3 years Jason and I have had many changes: Both changing jobs twice, moving 3 times in the first 2 years, training a puppy, buying a house, etc. Through it all we sought God first and He has never let us down. Though at times we wanted to follow our own plan, we learned quickly that His plan was always the best. We have been so blessed by God, more than we could have ever imagined. As we venture into parenthood, I am confident that God will continue to provide for us. I pray that we continue to seek His wisdom and follow what He has planned for us. I’m excited for this next chapter and even more excited to go through it all with my best friend.
I am bummed that I had to take off my wedding band last month because of swelling. I was afraid they might have to been cut off! I had not taken it off since Jason put it on my finger 3 years ago. With it off, I was reminded what we had inscribed in our wedding bands, 1 Corinthians 13. I really love the passage we chose, and love The Message translation. It is great reminder to me of how God wants us how to Love.
1 Corinthians 13 (The Message)
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
~Amy
~Amy



1 comment:
Aww Happy Anniversary!!! The days are getting closer till your a family of 3! Hope all is going well!
Post a Comment